Cool Stuff

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Idiots on Golf-Carts

A really nice night, not much humidity, still warm and not too many Ham & Eggers here for the holiday week yet but give 'em time, give 'em time...they'll come crawling out of the woodwork like freakin' cockroaches. It's funny but the cops are cracking down on golf cart use on the roads so it will be interesting to see who win's that battle. Extreme wealth and lawlessness vs the LAW, it should be a riot to watch. Unless one of these little "angels" gets killed in the process...

That's what always bothers me about these young kids (some like 7 or 8 years old, tops!) driving golf carts everywhere is they really don't know how to actually drive. I've seen countless near miss accidents over recent years. Including an hour ago when my mum and I nearly got hit by a cart full of kids while we were out walking tonight.
When I was 12, a young kid of about 10 yrs old drove a mini-bike out of the woods down the road right into the side of a Camaro. He split his skull open on the door handle and we basically watched that kid die right down the road from where I'm sitting right now. Even though that was 37 years ago, I can still pick out the exact spot where he laid bleeding by the side of the road as my two Great-Aunts (Louise and Marion, who were nurses) tried to revive him. The boys father (who still lives here with his wife, I play golf with him sometimes) came roaring up in his station wagon, hysterical trying to take the boy to the hospital. I remember my dad and another guy putting his arm around him saying "John you have to wait for the ambulance" and he just broke down in tears. That memory is burned into my memory forever....
I guess that is why these parents who don't want to watch their kids, so they buy 10, 000 dollar golf carts with racing wheels to keep them occupied make me sick. I think it's a matter of time before we see another kid die on this island road. I just hope it's not this 4th of July!