Cool Stuff

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Staring Into The SHADOWS...Looking For Light


Home again after another week-long stint in the hospital and I admit that I am not really sure how I feel about all of this. The feelings change like sand shifting in the wind. In a way...this latest hospitalization was different then the other recent trips to the land of Hand Sanitizer and Disinfectant. 

I actually went in not because I was sick or something had gone awry, like all the other trips...no I chose to go have a skin graft to the end of my stump. This visit was a major step in the quest to get into a prosthetic and walk again.

I have learned through hard life experience not to get too up or too down about stuff....especially when recovering from a major injury/illness like mine. Of course that is much easier said then done. But things can change so drastically and so quickly that one must hold back to a degree to protect oneself. That is not to say that I am not excited about finally making some progress here because I am. This is certainly a step in the right direction and I am beginning to feel more hopeful about the future.

It has been a fight at times to see the brighter side of an amputation and multiple infections but to survive one must search for what is often only a sliver of light and hold on tight when you discover it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment