Cool Stuff

Monday, April 22, 2013

First THINGS First!


One of the important and fascinating aspects of my recent illness & accident that I haven't yet addressed or written about is how I am doing in my ongoing daily recovery in the face of some real difficulty challenges...including terrible, intense pain and the potential availability of some serious pain medication. In the end....I had no temptation at all to abuse pain medication or ask for it repeatedly in hospital or request it from the Doc...who I just recently met and he did not know my story until I shared it  with him.

And frankly that is the key...I tell every physician I see and work with  these days the story of my addiction, what that means for my medication use and how we can proceed with treatment without violating my sobriety. 

So far it has not only worked but my quality of life is very good as a result. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment