Cool Stuff

Saturday, January 11, 2014

An American NINJA


Ah yea...all of you folks who thought you knew me and have never heard me mention my interest in Ninja's and stuff. The Ancient Warrior caste and all. OK....I'll come clean...the Ninja I am talking about here is a high powered BLENDER for making soup, smoothie's and power shakes, etc.

About 6 months ago I got obsessed with this notion of eating better by being able to take things like fresh spinach, frozen berries, bananas (the ingredients above), apples and oranges etc. combining them with Vanilla Almonds Milk to create an amazing way to quickly and easily DRINK my fruit and vegetables.

The ingredients above are from a smoothie call "Golfer's Juice". Here is the recipe but it's really easy to improvise with this:

1 cup of almond milk (vanilla)
1 Banana
6 Dark Cherries (frozen)
1 cup of Spinach
1/2 cup of red berries (frozen)
1/2 cup of blueberries (frozen)


My family and friends were skeptical that I would even follow through and continue to use my new NINJA Blender but I have. for me it was simple...I had to be honest with myself. When I asked myself the question WHY I wasn't eating more vegetables mostly (I already eat a great deal of fruit) and some fruit, I knew the answer was i was too lazy to take the time and make the effort to cut up the fruit, cut the veggies, etc. Blending them together and then having this great meal drink I could take with me was fantastic and saved a lot of time.

I love it and now I really don't want to live without it. I cannot wait until I can walk/run again so I can take this interest in heath and add some intense walking or running to it. So for now I'll make smoothies and continue to heal but the Spring is coming!   And I am really ready to get going...for SURE!                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment