Cool Stuff

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The State Of CHAOS


Yesterday the President of these United States practiced his annual  obligation to get up in front of the combined Houses of Congress and tell all of us how he thought our beloved Country was doing after the first year of his second term at the head of these Great United States.

I will state right here, that though I have never declared myself for any party, I am not and have never been a fan of this President.  I simply don't see him as a LEADER, a Statesman or even as an advocate for the United States or it's people. I think he is weak, indecisive, clueless of the legacy of our Nation and I truly believe his ignorance, as I see it, is downright dangerous.

That being said I will say that ever since I have been old enough to understand politics, history and government...I have always made it a point to watch any and ALL of our Presidents when they give a major speech whether it's the S.O.T.U, a foreign policy speech or any other kind where he appears on National TV Live to express himself and his policies.

As American Citizens, I see it as our RIGHT and obligation earned with the BLOOD of others, to hear what a President has to say and support him or resist him...either way. Which brings me to the topic of this post. Today on Facebook, Twitter and other social media, I read dozens of posts where people said they CHOSE not to watch the State of the Union Speech and there were quite a variety of reasons why they skipped the speech. 

But mostly they were because the author of the post didn't like the President. OK...I get that....as I said I do not like him or support his policies myself. But I thought the excuses these folks gave for not watching/listening were a cop-out. 

And I feel that NOT listening to the President make a Major Policy Speech is not only a cop-out, but simply wrong, misguided and frankly just plain DANGEROUS. Why? Because that means that all these people who didn't want to listen because they were afraid "they were going to barf" or "just can't listen to this man" are going to get their information about this speech from a second hand source...it it will NOT be objective.

No they will rely on a media outlet most likely or a radio program, all of which have an agenda to sell and sponsors to please by getting ratings. I think as Americans, we have a sacred responsibility to listen for ourselves and make intelligent decisions based on what we think and believe.

It is irresponsible to let others think for us and use lame excuses to justify why we are letting them do that. I can tell you why...Because most Americans are SHEEP...they would prefer to take the popular path by following others and find it easier to jump on someone elses wagon then to blaze their own trail.

Do I need to remind these good folks that many thousands of people died in places like Concord, Gettysburg, The Marne, The Argonne Forest, Tarawa, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, the Chosin Reservoir, Khe Sahn, Hue, Mogadishu, Fallujah, Ramadi and the Korangal Valley so that we can be free to judge our Leader when he speaks and send him packing if we don't like him or his policies.

Frankly I think it's disgraceful not to want to listen....so at the very least I can make informed decisions about our government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment