Cool Stuff

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Welcome To HELL...Iraq

This image posted on a militant website on Saturday, June 14, 2014, which has been verified and is consistent with other AP reporting, appears to show militants from the al-Qaida-inspired Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) taking aim at captured Iraqi soldiers wearing plain clothes after taking over a base in Tikrit, Iraq. The Islamic militant group that seized much of northern Iraq has posted photos that appear to show its fighters shooting dead dozens of captured Iraqi soldiers in a province north of the capital Baghdad. Iraq's top military spokesman Lt. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi confirmed the photos’ authenticity on Sunday and said he was aware of cases of mass murder of Iraqi soldiers. Photo: AP / militant website
I will begin this evening by mentioning that I am filled to the brim with emotion and am feeling quite intensely about certain things.

That is probably not surprising to most people who know me as an emotional kind of guy and someone not afraid to express how I feel and do so rather openly. What folks may indeed find surprising is the subject matter of those emotions.

For once I am not wallowing in sorrow for my current state of affairs. On the contrary.....my heart goes out to the tens of thousands of military vets who served at some point in the last decade or so in the war on Terror...and especially in Iraq. As an American citizen I feel betrayed by an Administration  that openly lied to it's people and is still doing so...claiming to have won the war in that embittered and God Forsaken country.

I simply cannot forget or not think about the countless soldiers, sailors, Air Force Personnel and Marines who gave their youth...their bodies...their heart & soul and often their lives and for what? NOTHING is what.

I certainly realize that the Iraqi People failed themselves in this matter to a very large extant but it was obvious that they were going to need decades of help (Military advisers, Air Support, Military Trainers, Democracy experts, just for starters) to help them simply get to the starting-point of having Democratic Rule...as it were....where they could eventually weather a serious take-over storm from the Insurgents. They were thrown to the wolves...sacrificed for the ego of One Man and his re-election dream/ NIGHTMARE. And he succeeded in winning his election...sacrificing the lives (as well as the hopes and dreams) of tens of thousands of long oppressed people.

I understand I am over simplifying this scenario just a bit for clarification's sake but seriously...only a teeny-weenie....wee little bit. 

The hard part about being alive in this day and age is I have studied history all my life. And our country is in seriously DEEP-SHIT right now on so many different fronts I do not honestly know where to begin. Foreign Policy, Economy and the welfare of our Middle-Class are all disasters. How can anyone be ignorant or clue-less enough to actually believe in what is being done right now by our current President concerning Iraq for example is so far beyond my comprehension that I can't begin to ascribe an actual explanation to it.

It is late....but as I lay in bed I can see distant fires burning in my minds eye....a city burning...really...no a dream...a country...in reality what it is is the end of all hope for MILLIONS of Iraqi People tonight who have coldly been turned over to a regime with Laws and Ideals that can only be compared to that of Hitler's Germany or Stalin's Soviet Union in their perversion and murderous cruelty.

Where are the soft, bleeding hearted Americans now....who by supporting President "Lying through His Teeth" are sending thousands to their deaths or worse yet...condemning millions to the Sharia Law Rule of sadistic, women hating perverted Thugs and KILLERS. Welcome to HELL, Iraq!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment