Cool Stuff

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Patience, Worry, Frustration & PAIN: A Day In The Life of "Rotting Bone Boy!"


Went to the Doc....and surprise, surprise...there were no immediate answers to whats going on with my ankle.

But what we know is this: Somewhere in the bone, a major dose of INFECTION lies and it is so bad that it is literally EATING the ankle bone away piece by piece in my right leg.

The next two days I will pretty much spend at Oak Lawn Hospital in Marshall having Bone scans, an EKG and a multitude of other tests to try and find this culprit. 

We know for certain that I will need an ankle fusion (if there is anything left!) but they can't do that until the infection has been dealt with. The major fear here is that it has now become a race agaist time because if the infection continues on it's current course...I could very well lose the entire FOOT.

Yea...that was me you just heard yelling "YIKES!!!" at the top of my lungs.


So that is the latest....tomorrow I go to hospital at 6a for blood, noon for injections then back at 6p for the blood scan itself. It is going to be a very long day tomorrow.

More to FOLLOW-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment