Cool Stuff

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Nothing "Civil" About That War


Anyone who has seen this blog must get some idea that I am interested in the Civil War and/or history. The cover photo comes from a movie that will be out next year about the Western Battles of the war from Shiloh to Sherman's March to the Sea. It is called The Civil War: The Untold Story and will be out next year.



Needless to say I am enthralled with history and in only makes sense that the name of this blog itself is a borrowed World War I military slang term for Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. In the Second World War they called it Battle Fatigue.



I thought it appropriate considering the subject matter I was going to be dealing with in writing and the emotional and psychological effect it had on me through out the years. 

Not sure why I am posting this but I thought a bit of background info might be interesting to some of our readers. The picture on top is from the movie, The bottom from the actual Battlefield at Antietam and the others are from various re-enactments held this year as many Civil War Battles had their 150th anniversary, including Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Chancellorsville and Chickamauga/Chattanooga.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment