Cool Stuff

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brain in a bag....

It is morning...again. Most days I like getting up early and have always enjoyed this particular time of day. Yet I feel a tad melancholy this morning and have noticed a trend lately of feeling this way.

Of course my feeling this morn may have been influenced by an article I read in today's Fort Wayne paper about a family who is suing a funeral home. It seems that when they received a bag of personal effects belonging to the deceased after her cremation they discovered her Brain was in the bag...yea, her freakin' brain! The spokesman for the Funeral Home had some explanation about once a brain is removed (he didn't say who removed it, an autopsy I imagine, right?!) that's it's squishy (his word) and doesn't fit nicely back in the skull, it makes a leaky mess, he said. So they never really try to put it back. He doesn't really address how it got into the bag just that it is usually stored separately from the body, yada, yada, yada. I stopped reading at that point....

Any reasonable chance that I may have had at having a positive outlook on the day went to Hell in a fucking hand basket when I read that insanity. I just don't know about this world some days. I am typically pretty hardened to the realities of this life we lead but this just threw me for a loop and now I kind of want to climb back into my bed and see if I can rewind the day (so far) and try again! Ach...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment