Cool Stuff

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dog Day Thursday

There hasn't been too much going on the last couple 'o days. I saw the folks off to Florida so I am adjusting to having a great deal of privacy and peace/quiet. I enjoy it but it does take some getting used to.

This past Saturday I attended a monthly business meeting for a group I belong to. One of the other members brought her dog...Stanley, A Shi Tzu. I have owned dogs most of my life and with one exception they were all very large dogs, mostly German Shepard's. I never really cared for the Toy breeds....until now. My god, How adorable.


Since I've been a cat owner now for nearly 20 yrs (another surprise, liking cats!) I like the idea of a combo pet, that is the happy, warm, "go for a ride",  "come and play w/me" attitude of a dog, combined with the size and ease of care of a cat. I don't know if you can train one of these dogs to use a litter box, that would even be cooler! But if not I still like the idea of a small dog.


Above are the photos of two little dogs that I took last summer. The owner was visiting a neighbor. I can't recall the breed but it was one of those combination like PekaChow or some such thing. They have human like hair so they are a great breed for people w/allergies. It was seeing these two this summer that got me thinking about a toy breed, so thanks a whole lot 'ya little shits!

Ok, I'll admit it...I've lost my freaking mind here. Maybe I'm just feeling a bit lonely right now...geez. It's scares me a little bit when I get like this. I need a little rat like dog like I need another whole in my freakin' head, blah, blah, blah. Ok now that I got that out of my system....

Other breeds I've thought about have been Pugs, they are quite cool. English Bull Dogs have always been a Fav but they are NOT an easy breed to care for but I've always had a soft spot for them. Of course I admire Winston Churchill so perhaps there is a connection....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment