Cool Stuff

Thursday, February 25, 2010

After the storm

Now that is a relief...patience comes in to play as I wait 4 to 6 weeks for the final word but everything went really well today. Funny how effective honesty is...it never goes out of style!
I know I've been somewhat vague here concerning these last few posts and i am still in a position where it wouldn't be appropriate to talk openly about these things at this point.Let's just say I have recently taken some big steps in beginning to start my life over again after many years of pain, struggle and heartache. It really is about beginning again and I had to start by changing ME in a lot of different ways.

As readers may have already gathered, I am a recovering alcoholic/addict, cleans and sober since June 6, 2006. Yea, I of all people have D-Day as my anniversary date...go figure!!But that is only a little part of the changes I have had to make in the last several years. Getting honest w/myself is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. In the past it was never my fault or my problem...it was always something or someone else who was responsible, never me. Over the years I lost everything that had been important to me...some I miss, some I never really needed in the first place. When you start over at 47 yrs old w/basically nothing, you start to learn about what is really important in this life.

Relationships w/others...a spiritual life, a life in service of others, etc. These things have become important to me today. The money and possessions mean nothing w/out these things. I'm a happier, healthier person today then I have ever been. Life is simpler, not easy..not by a long shot but who ever said it was going to be.

Today I stood up for myself and took some major steps in living a full, well rounded life again. Sorry for the vagueness I just can't discuss certain things at this point. Thanks for listening....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment