Cool Stuff

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Irony and snowfall......

Well, Southern Michigan finally got a major snowfall after a moderate winter so far this season. 8 to 10 inches out here on Coldwater Lake, to my best estimate. I've made it pretty clear that I love snow...Lot's of snow is fine with me. What I mean by that is that I don't mind it as long as there a few absolutes: One, that my plow truck is functional, two that the snow isn't too wet and most of the time around here it's not bad. The main reason for this is I can't really shovel with my back so far gone. And three that it doesn't go on forever...a few weeks is fun but a whole winter of heavy snow would get sickening even to me. 

Yesterday as the storm hit...those conditions were met. Plow was working, it was a nice, crystallized, fluffy type snow...very light weight. So I was having a ball, plowing...just being outside, snow falling...it was great.  Then evening time came around, time to plow again and of course....the truck won't start. For Pete's sake the damn thing works fine all winter when we get little to no snowfall...we get one heavy snow and the damn truck dies after 3 hours. After a while it does begin to seem like it's me, that I attract bad vibes, that I bring it on myself. On the other hand, I can't accept that premise. 

Any how, it is ironic that this happens to me, fairly consistently. But then...fixed the truck after an hour and poof: truck works, plowed last night and just finished plowing this morning. Whoa, was it beautiful out there. Everything is covered with a think, white blanket....it definitely moves me as Mother Nature tends to do. And it is another perfect example of why I love experiencing all four seasons of the year to their fullest extent.

With all that being said, I think I'm going to head back out and make some snow angels....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment