Cool Stuff

Monday, December 31, 2012

Pushing Through The Insomnia BLOCK


It seems we are now experiencing the "calm" AFTER the storm....as it were. The normal pattern around here is the holiday comes  and goes and then my parents start to pack for their journey to Florida,  which takes place the first or second week in Jan. But a close friend in Florida died requiring them to drop everything and leave as soon as possible. 

Then in the next day or so we had another very close family friend from here on the Island pass on and then I found out an  old friend from High School also just collapsed and died yesterday at a daughter's Piano Recital in Westerville, Ohio. As a result...this has turned an otherwise "normal" schedule and routine totally on it's ear so life as of late has been just a tab bit chaotic.

So my mother and father rushed to load up the car and took off  yesterday morning to head south and I am half freaking out because my own world has been turned upside down and inside out. The simple TRUTH at work here is that I do no deal with sudden death very well.  You would think that with all the experience I've have had dealing with death that it would be a piece of cake....unfortunately, it doesn't work that way!


I like to believe that I am a fairly well adjusted person (At Least NOW I am) But this has been a whirlwind and quite a SHOCK and I will admit it has thrown me for a bit of a loop. It has been awhile that I had several people I knew and was close to all die within a matter of hours,  It really reminds me of my Senior year in High School when people all around me seemed to be dropping like flies.

But what can I really do about it except embrace the adversity? Thankfully...Kim has time off for the Holiday and we'll try and see if we can't all re-charge our batteries emotionally and psychologically these next two days. We had a very nice New Year's Eve dinner out and now we are hunkered down in a nice warm house, fire going waiting for the NEW YEAR to arrive.

I am still fighting the insomnia that has been haunting me the last 6 weeks or so and it obviously is affecting my ability to write and post regularly. But I am going to keep trying to push through it. 


Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone!
                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment