Cool Stuff

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CREEPER



I just realized that I did something here at Shell Shock Serenade that I don't think I've done for a very, very long time...I skipped an entire day...I did not post a single word for August 14, 2012. This is extremely  rare...mainly because I am a complete jabber-box and posting multiple times in one day...in "real time" is part of the original premise and mandate of the blog. I know...it doesn't seem like that big of a deal in the overall realm of things but it was something that I had never let happen before.                        

Oddly...I could feel this bit of irresponsible behavior creeping up on me...I was feeling a little LAX with my posts. Let's face it...this is MY LIFE we are documenting here...it isn't that interesting or exciting. But overall I feel we have captured in a very realistic way what it is like for some one who is trying to turn their life around by staying clean/sober One Day At A Time.

Of course when I started Shell Shock the focus was going to be on recovery from substance abuse...Little did I know that there was a huge new door that was about to swing wide open for me and that was when I started to post about being sexually assaulted (raped) as a 12 year old boy. That completely transformed the blog as it should have and this whole thing became about ONE PERSON'S Human Experience instead of being limited to someone's life of sobriety. And what an exciting change this has all brought about.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would write or talk about those very personal events to people I didn't know....honestly I could not picture saying anything about it to people I did know.

Anyway this whole situation has worked out in a way that I could never have imagined and it has been a really positive life experience...

PHOTO: KT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment