Cool Stuff

Friday, August 10, 2012

K's Good News (So Far)



The end of the week is here and I now feel comfortable mentioning that K started a new job on Tuesday and the prospect looks good for it to become permanent. It could still take 90 days to finalize because she is under contract to the company from a Temp service. That contract would have to be bought out.


Anyway, they are openly speaking of hiring her and that has NOT happened before so it is exciting. The job is 4 10 hour days (M-TH) but they are working mandatory 10's on Friday and Saturday. Her hours are 2nd shift 3p-1:30a so that is really rough but since I am flexible I can adjust to her schedule so she is not so isolated.

That was the downfall of my 5 year experience working 3rd shift management...I was completely isolated from my family and friends. It had a huge negative impact on me and I won't forget that. So I will do all I can to adjust to her time frame so we can establish a healthier routine. She will have 1st shift opportunities down the road as well so it isn't like she is trapped on the shift forever.

I was reluctant to mention this because I don't want to jinx it but it is what it is so this is the latest news fro K's employment home-front. More as we know it...

Photo: Kathy Tomson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment