Cool Stuff

Friday, August 3, 2012

Live...and Write & Learn!

I thought I would actually try and write something new this afternoon. I could get used to pulling up a file and pasting it in for the days allotment of posts....er, not really. And I do think it's interesting (even for me!) for other readers to see where I came from.


It is amazing how much I learn about myself when I read these posts. Writing Shell Shock started out as a lark really but it has become a critical part of my daily recovery and now life. It serves me well on several levels...it allows me to vent out the stuff bothering me, It helps me sort through the issues from the past and there is just some thing good and healthy about keeping a daily journal and let's face it...


That essentially is what this IS...a living, breathing diary, kept live and in real time, shared with the world for accountability. It has really helped me open up and be ruthlessly honest with yourself (and others). It allows other readers to comment and I count tell you how helpful that is as well. I have learned so much from the comments and they have come from such a diverse background of individuals literally from all over the world but mainly in the US, Canada and the UK.


It sure makes the world smaller and a lot more of an intimate place...I really love that aspect of the Internet anyway. 


It has been another super hot and humid day here in S Michigan and I need to feed and exercise so that is exactly what I am going to do. We'll catch up with you all a bit later....Ciao Baby!


Photo: Kathy Tomson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment