Cool Stuff

Monday, September 3, 2012

MY Island....


Labor Day Weekend here on Iyopawa Island is always one of mixed feelings for me. Obviously for the "Summer People" it is the end of the line...most of them we will not be back until Memorial Day and frankly for a lot of them that is WAY TOO SOON as far as I'm concerned.

But at the same time there is a feeling of sadness as well. It gets mighty quiet out here and it is exciting during the summer because there is something always going on. Plus many of our friends head to warmer climates beginning in October or so and that's a bummer.

Of course any feelings of sadness for me tend to be off-set by the fact that Autumn is my favorite time of year so I have that wonderful but short period of time to look forward too.

I just took an hour break from posting this and was cleaning and winterizing the Pontoon Boat. It is 90 degrees F with an unrelenting and unforgiving Sun. Whoa is it ever hot and temps like this are very unusual for Labor Day in Michigan...

So this evening everyone will be gone and the "year rounders" like me will have our Island back to ourselves....how sweeT that will be. 

Until later my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment