Cool Stuff

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Scene Of A Crime....


A very early morning once again and no real sleep to speak of. I am headed out for some exercise in the pre-dawn dakness.

My son Ian is getting married Saturday and that has really started the old memory wheels a-turning. Yes all the old cliche's apply..."where did the time go" and "how fast they grow up".

Oddly I feel pretty comfortable...I have more weirdness about going back to Holland for the weekend then to actually attending the wedding...I have a lot of bad memories I still carry from that place...in many ways it is like returning to the scene of a crime.

But in reality it is the place where I finally found freedom, one day at a time from my addiction and for that reason I shall ALWAYS be grateful!                                                                                                                                                                                                    

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just four paragraphs and what powerful thoughts. Trauma and freedom, weddings and crimes. Here's wishing you a great time, with positive new memories to form. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Chris...I appreciate it very much!


      Delete

Comment