Cool Stuff

Friday, September 14, 2012

Waiting, Wondering and Day-Dreaming


A wet, cold blustery Friday September morning here on Coldwater Lake. It would be easy to get bummed out by such weather but we have had such an amazingly hot and beautiful summer that I'd be really nuts to complain. My grandsons are coming this evening and I am looking forward to seeing them for a day before they head back to South Carolina.

It is one of the few mornings this entire summer that I have not been outside getting some exercise BEFORE dawn. And though that is one of my favorite times of day, just being outside...it is like having the whole world to myself.  But I'll admit this was nice this morning as well. I don't typically take much time in my life to "just be" and I think that is something that I really need to work on. 

When I first found recovery, it was so critical for me to always stay busy, to be occupied mentally and physically because idle time frightened me. I did not trust time sitting around thinking because in those early days it was inevitable that my thoughts would turn to drinking and drugging...hey it was only natural. So I have been following this "staying super busy" routine for well over 6 years and I can now sense that I need to work some peaceful downtime into the scenario.

Today will be a bit of a waiting game as it always is when you are waiting for long awaited company to arrive. But I have some sleep to catch up on....I didn't sleep a wink last night so that issue still remains alive and kickin'.

Anyway I hope to have some grand-kid related posts this weekend for you and until then...happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment