Cool Stuff

Monday, November 22, 2010

Big Red Bow

Darkness has settled down over the lake and a brisk breeze rattles the now leafless trees above. I can hear them though they are no longer visible. It's winter just waiting to happen here in Southern Michigan, just a few days shy of another Thanksgiving and start to the Holiday Season. 


I know the Holidays are coming because I am now regularly seeing the Lexus TV Commercials with the big red bows on their cars. It used to be the Norelco Commercial with Santa riding the electric razor through the snow, down the hill and over the wee, little bridge but now it's cars with big 'ole bows on 'em. 


Come to think of it, I don't think I know anyone who has just received a car for Christmas or a birthday out of the blue like that. I always thought those ads were so unrealistic, that no "regular" folks would relate but they must be effective because they keep running new ones year after year. Perhaps it's like a dream for some folks, they know it won't ever happen to them but it's cool to dream about it.


Who knows, I still think the ads are corny but maybe I'm just being cynical. Yea me, Mr Positive being sarcastic and cranky again, so out of character, right?! Uh, no....that's pretty accurate actually but I'm not happy unless I'm taking shots at something I find amusing.


Leave it to me to sit down here to wax poetic about nightfall at the lake and now I'm giving Lexus a load of crap for their ridiculous TV Commercials. really, it doesn't take much to get me started....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment