Cool Stuff

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Gift Of Grandchildren


My post this morning spoke of life itself as a gift, a wonderful, powerful amazing gift. And it certainly is. For me, one of the things that makes it so special are my family and specifically my two grandsons Mason and Maddox.Both of them are pictured below w/yours truly and their mum, my beautiful daughter Chelsea.

There is just something magical about being a grandparent. I liked being a dad, even a single dad which I was for a time. I love my children and they mean a great deal to me. Grandchildren somehow are different.

Many people have tried to explain it like it's all the fun of having kids w/out the responsibility...I would say there is some truth to that. For me though it was a case where I felt so much pressure to succeed, to care for my kids, make sure they were OK that I didn't always take the time to stop and just enjoy my time w/them, And in hindsight, that's rather sad.

But with the grand kids it's different, I'm different so I realize how precious time together really is. And I try and take advantage of it as often as I can.

My daughter and her family live 600 miles away....that makes things a bit difficult because I'd love to be able to just hop in the car any day of the week and go pick up those two boys for the day. I honestly believe I would never get tired of it....

But that isn't reality right now but I'm fortunate enough to be able to visit and I'm actually planning my next trip for mid-December. I can't wait....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment