Cool Stuff

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No Matter What...

Sometimes I'm just not feeling "it"....I don't have the enthusiasm I think I should. Perhaps I'm tired, not sleeping well or just really busy...often it's all three. Or maybe it's a mood thing, life isn't flowing along like it usually does and I get ornery or cranky. That's happened more and more often these days.  Where I just don't have it all together and things seem to take more effort to accomplish then they usually do. In my past, those types of days would build, one after another until I never could feel satisfied about anything and certainly never, ever happy....no freakin' way.

Today I guess I realize bad days are just a temporary condition...and they will pass if I just keep plugging along. I used to mock the whole "think positively" line of thought and figured it was all a bunch of hooey but actually, I never really tried it. Yep, the joke was on me because it's made a huge difference in how I think, feel and relate to living these days.

I have to add that there is a sense of serenity these days in knowing that nothing is final, a mood will move on....eventually, if I let it. In the past, I often caused my own discomfort in life because I refused to let go of the things that were bothering me, no matter how small they were until they built into something really crappy. And then I felt sorry for myself, Poor me...A self fulfilling prophecy of doom and gloom, right?!

Not today. I have a good friend that often begins his sharing with the phrase: "Today is going to be a good day no matter what...If I let it!". How true...If I let it. That's the key: Getting my sorry ass out of the way and letting it be a good day, no matter what happens....And it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment