Cool Stuff

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Monkey Man

I tend to associate things w/music, I just always have. Certain songs will remind me of things. I'm sure that's pretty typical for many folks, music is the soundtrack of our lives. That is certainly the case w/me. Except this morning the soundtrack bit has taken a turn towards the surreal and once again pehaps, I've taken things too far.

Too far? As in singing the Rolling Stone's "Monkey Man" will literally making Monkey Bread. What a hard core, pushing the limits kind of life I lead, eh. "Let It Bleed" happens to be a favorite Stones Album of mine but then again, most of them are. I love the Rolling Stones. But that tune is not one I tend to hear or think much about.

Of course the Monkey Bread logically leads me to think "Monkey Man" or the man making the bread of the Monkey is the Monkey Man, dig?! I'm beginning to think that it's possible this blogging about my daily life thing may be letting folks in a little to close to who and what I really am and what I think about on a day to day basis. Oh hell, most folks think I'm nuts anyway so I might as well confirm it for 'em, eh?!! The mystery ends today, Thom has officially lost his "M-M-M-Monkey" mind, so why don't we all sing it together, shall we:

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey
All my friends are junkies
That's not really true

I'm a cold Italian pizza
I could use a lemon squeezer
What you do?

But I've been bit and I've been tossed around
By every she-rat in this town
Have you, babe?

Well, I'm just a monkey man
I'm glad you are a monkey woman too

I was bitten by a boar
I was gouged and I was gored
But I pulled on through

Yes, I'm a sack of broken eggs
I always have an unmade bed
Don't you?

Well I hope were not too messianic
Or a trifle too satanic
We love to play the blues

Well I'm just a monkey man
I'm glad you are a monkey, monkey woman too, babe

I'm a monkey
I'm a monkey
I'm a monkey man
I'm a monkey man
I'm a monkey ....

"Monkey Man" The Rolling Stones (Richards/Jagger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment