Cool Stuff

Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Wee, Little Nudge, Mon...





I think one of the most interesting and surreal aspects of my being sober is my ability sense and feel things I never felt or noticed before. 


One example of that just blows my mind. I have stated before that I am an emotional person, I can be moody and intense...and though recovery has helped me in that area those things are still true about me...I'm emotional, moody and intense...often all at the same time. I think that is why I excel at the things I like to do...I have an ability to focus that energy into extreme passion and dedication.


On the other hand those same attributes can produce negative results as well especially if I let them run rampant and exercise no effort to control those emotions. And that can happen in an instant so I really have learned to be aware of it at all times.


So one of the weirder ways I have used this enhanced ability to sense and feel is I can now tell when one of these super intense moods and attitudes is coming on me, often well before it does and I can avert it all together. Or at the very least it prepares me a bit so at least I am aware of whats happening to me.


In the past I never knew what hit me and I could really fly off the deep end. I just think this is another way I have adapted to my circumstances.


In my next post I'll explore the connection between those "nudges" I feel and the spiritual side of my life...the Hocus-Pokus post, so to speak. Until THEN....                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment