Cool Stuff

Saturday, February 11, 2012

"My Ladies"


Yesterday afternoon I was bored, sitting in a waiting room at a doctor's office in Ft Wayne. This morning, after a whopping 3.5 hours of sleep last night...I am totally energized and ready to start my day. Thing is my volunteer gig does not start until 9a! Of course I have some errands to run and that will kill some time but I thought I'd whip out another post to kill time, essentially about NOTHING. Then again I could write about the weather...always an interesting topic in Michigan. Better yet...i could also write about "My Ladies"....yes, I think I will!

It is Saturday morning in S Lower Michigan and we are greeted with blowing snow on 25 to 30 mph wind gusts (last night it was really howling!) and the temp is 8 degrees Fahrenheit. The forecast calls for temps in the lower 20's for a high, snow showers but no more real accumulation. Of course Michigan weather, particularly at winter-time is  very unpredictable so we shall see how it turns out.

At 9 I'm meeting "My Ladies" ( 6-8 of them...all between the ages of 89-101!!) to read the bible at an assisted living facility. Last week I missed it because of my health and I hate to miss...this is quite simply my favorite activity I get to do ALL WEEK, I just adore them and they are simply just awesome. So I'm looking forward to that combined with some sleep...means that even though K is gone for the weekend, I'm still in a really good mood!

I'll check back later this afternoon...stay warm & cozy, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment