Cool Stuff

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sleep, Racin' & Basketball


Well...after several days where I seemed to sleep OK, I am having "one of those nights" and in a big way: I haven't slept a legitimate wink tonight except for nodding off at the keyboard here on my desk. I've made an attempt when I cannot sleep like this to try and not over-react to it but less face it: a person feels pretty darn lousy when they do not sleep. There is no way around it and it totally affects your day. 


2012 Daytona 500 logo.jpg
Well, there...I got that of my chest! Now I will let it go and try to think about more enjoyable things...like NASCAR. Yep that's right...this 'ole red-neck at heart loves my stock car racing and today is the Grand Daddy of all stock car races: The Daytona 500 from Daytona Beach Florida.


NASCAR is quite unusual in the sports world because they have their biggest and most prestigious race at the very beginning of their season...I mean they actually launch their season with this race and several other "Speed Week" races and events all leading up to the 500, which is this afternoon.


So I am looking forward to the day primarily because of  that.


NCAA logo.svg


My Purdue Boilermakers knocked off the Michigan Wolverines in Men's Basket Ball Saturday evening which was a huge win for the team and probably secured them a position in the NCAA Tournament. That's great news because they have had a bit of a down year (yea 19-10, 9-7 in the Big 10 with 2 games to go and going to the tournament, those are pretty high standards!)    


So sleep or no...I'm gonna have a good day. If you'll excuse me now...I have a Sunday Morning Newspaper to read.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment