Cool Stuff

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Big BOOMERS, A THUNDEROUS WAKEUP-CALL


3AM This morning I was greeted by very high winds, thunder and lightening and a different sound that instantly had me really concerned: a loud cracking sound which sounded to me suspiciously like a torn boat cover snapping crazily in the high wind. Well that is exactly what it was...and it sounded like a cosmic whip cracking in the sky as if God wanted to take a moment to demonstrate his displeasure for this sick world we've created....Jerry Sandusky's and Aurora Movie Shooter, Thanks you Jack-Asses!


In a  brief 10 minutes the yard is covered in downed branches....at one moment those leafy beauties were falling like the rain itself!


Well that was my unique wake up call (I was already awake of course but it sounds more interesting then the actual TRUTH, eh) this morning, off to town for a little literature study with my buddy Dave...always one of my favorite 90 minute periods of each week.

Photo KT


2 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S a wake up call! I kind of love those. Perhaps it's because I've only experienced them a couple times.

    Hope you had a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought that since you grew up in Hawaii you would have experienced more thunderstorms then that. But I spent some significant time in San Juan, Puerto Rico and it rained every day during the monsoon, heavy rain but now that I think about it there were no T-Storms either. Perhaps Hawaii is like that as well.

      Delete

Comment