Cool Stuff

Monday, July 16, 2012

OK...I Give Up, Mr Heat Miser!


What another weather related post?! Well, um...yea, I guess it is. This has been the longest sustained period of heat and no rain that I can recall. I'm thankful we have air conditioning.


I don't really care to spend my summer days inside the house...even when it is dangerously hot and humid. It just seems a wasteful way to spend a gorgeous, sunny day...but after a short 20 minutes outside walking and picking up sticks I surrendered...it is just too bloody HOT!


Spending the day mainly inside just reminds me how restless and fidgety I can be. I don't do "relaxing" very well at all. That obviously isn't very healthy being so tightly wound but I'm not sure I can loosen up any more then I already have.


The weather reports are saying at least 2 more days of temps in the mid-90's but even afterward we are still looking at high 80's. I've just resigned myself to the fact that I live  in a rather hot place during the summer and feel a tad silly for being surprised that it's so HOT.


Even though we still have the better part of the week ahead of us with high temps I intend for this to be the last weather post...at least for a while. Not sure why I dislike posting about such things...it seems like a cop-out I guess. It's like "small-talk" which I have a natural disdain for as well...weather talk is small-talk and I aspire for greater things here on the SHOCK. We'll see what happens...I'm just thankful I'm not working in the factory anymore. Then I realize that my son actually is working there, in the exact same facility that I did for all those years                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ....YIKES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment