Cool Stuff

Monday, July 16, 2012

Really Good News Today



Summertime has been a time of transition for me, particularly how it has affected my daily/weekly schedule. From the Fall, through Winter and into Spring I had a rather full volunteer schedule...reading the Bible out loud at church on Tuesdays, and assisted living home on Saturday and for individual shut-ins in their home on an "as-needed" basis.


The Assisted living place went through a leadership change and when I tried to adjust my schedule (I have Sat/Sun morning commitments in the Summer so I wanted to shift to Thursday mornings like I did last year) I couldn't get anyone to approve it and had to stop going all together....it really sucked because I love going there.


Today I got a call and it looks like we will be ramping that program back up again and I am totally stoked. I typically read to a group of 6-10 people, usually all woman and there are three of them that are in their 100's! It is one of the coolest freaking things I have ever had the privilege to be a part of and I feel so fortunate...yes blessed even to be able to go. 


Because of scheduling we may have to start meeting AFTER Labor Day but I'll gladly wait now that I at least know it's back in business.


The church group attendance needless to say has suffered greatly because it is summer and let's face it...people travel and do things with their family like go to Music in the Park Nights. I completely understand but I have been reluctant to shut it down for the Summer mainly because I am afraid I won't be able to generate enough interest to get it going again. 


Then I realized that was a selfish way to look at it...this reading IS NOT about ME. If people want to attend then they most certainly will..I cannot manipulate or control it. Perhaps a hiatus until the second week of September is in order....Have to do a little meditating on this one!


Anyway though, it is wonderful news to be back at M-House regardless when that starts...so it's exciting and a very good piece of news on this dangerously HOT day in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment