Cool Stuff

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Real Good Soaking



It is no surprise that the main topic of discussion this morning among local friends on FaceBook, the local news media (TV and Radio) and everyone else you meet is the nice soaking rain and storms we have been getting all night and the scattered Thunder-Boomers that began yesterday morning.


Looking at next week the weather reports suggest that we are not finished with this hot and dry drought situation. But this brief wet and wonderful interlude certainly will go a long way in helping to preserve some of the grass, flowers and plant life that have survived this hot and dry summer.


I had to switch my standing Tuesday meeting with my dear friend D to today this week so I am off to town. It is a strange feeling this morning because it is the first time in at least a month that I haven't gotten outside by 5:45p to golf or at least walk. It was nice to change the pace a bit and I even laid back down in bed for an hour which is unheard of for me.


So off I go on this wet and wonderful Thursday morning, looking for some good coffee and some interesting discussion... 


(Photo:KT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment