Cool Stuff

Monday, July 23, 2012

Space Cadet Parade Boy (Or This Title is Nonsense!)


Alas...I promised yesterday to write later and what actually happened? Nothing...that's what. Black Dog Days are here unfortunately...and it can be rather difficult to stick with and follow through on even the simplest tasks or stick to even the most basic plans. All those things are quite out of character for me because I typically finish whatever I start most of the time....


Lot's of plans, thoughts and responsibilities crowding up my thoughts these days and they can build into an almost insurmountable mountain of expectations if I let it...and frankly folks...I have. But I know from my own experience that recognizing it is half the battle, if I know it is starting to happen then I actually have an opportunity to work with it and prevent some of the chaos....In the past I would start to feel things spinning out of control and have no clue what was going on so I would just continue to push it creating a much bigger problem down the road.


Again identifying what's going on gives me half a chance to focus on improving the situation as I go...imagine that, an actual plan that works! I have to laugh because I literally never thought about such things back then.


Busy morning with a book study at 8am but it is one of the things I really look forward to each week. So let's just say so long for now and my intention will be to follow up later.


I really do have a few things I want to cover here but haven't found a way to start...starting a new train of thought here on Shell Shock is often the most difficult thing for me but I'll give it a shot this afternoon. Until then...    

Photo: Kathy Tomson          

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Black Dog Days so here is a little light and peace your way... It's great that you know yourself so well and can recognize that you have come a long way in dealing with these moods when they occur.

    Looking forward to the upcoming new train of thought here, and wishing you a cheerful, positive day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Chris...I always appreciate a little light, so nice of you to share some :-)

    I have discovered that I can to a certain extent "write" myself out the Depression (AKA: Black Dog)...at least provide an outlet for the emotion.
    Thanks again for the comment...it 'tis ALWAYS good to hear something from you.

    Have a wonderful day and much peace to you...T

    ReplyDelete

Comment