Cool Stuff

Monday, December 13, 2010

Up, Up and Away....

I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I believe we have some influence on the kind of day we are going to have. I have a good friend who says that he is going to have a good day no matter what...as long as he lets it be (a good one).....

I happen to agree with that line of reasoning, though it took me a while to see it. I'll admit that in the past, I wasn't to open to the notion that just focusing on the positive was going to make my life any better. And considering what was going on in my world at that time, I imagine it would have been much too little and much too late. Plus when you are practising an addiction, I don't think it's possible to feel anything but the effects of said addiction, you are most definately trapped in your own, little world.

Today is different though, much different. I've seen many examples in my life where just staying open to new ideas and being positive (even faking positive energy temporarily: fake it 'til you make it) has indeed improved the prospects of an otherwise gloomy outlook on a day.

I suppose this morning is one of those where I'm not really feeling all that positive. And I know, positive thinking does NOT come naturally to me. I lean toward the cynical side, I think critically first and I trust very little with out first checking things out. So those kinds of things make focusing positively on my day a little bit harder. But you know what? I'm still going to do it. It takes work, a bit of practice but I think I'm getting the hang of it, day by day.....So:

I am going to have a good day today no matter what! And it's going to happen cause I feel it in me bones! So off to the X-Bike and away I go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment