Cool Stuff

Friday, January 20, 2012

Grilled Swiss Cheese Heaven



Well, well...I thought Id see if I could conjure up a few sensible mutterings that I might be able to call a post. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to know what I want to say yet be too exhausted to stay coherent enough to actually write it. I can't tell you how many times I have come to to find myself passed out on my keyboard or sitting up in a chair. I just cannot stay awake. Most of the time I'm not really even safe to drive.


It would be comical if it wasn't so sad and didn't present so much difficulty for me at the moment health wise. I really have no actual, functional life to speak of at the moment.


I am going to do my best to rise above that stuff for now. On the bright side I have been able to get a bit more sleep and I'm still keeping my self physically occupied and get some exercise but my feet/calves/lower legs are quite swollen and very tender to the touch.


If this persists into Sunday I am going into the ER and get checked out. Or if my BP continues to stay so high. That probably has me the most concerned right now mainly because I am so unfamiliar with high blood pressure and that ignorance frightens me. Plus i can literally FEEL when it spike. 


So We'll give it tomorrow and go from there.


I had to pull out of the Chaplain Training for the Jail but I have a feeling that will work out for the best in the long run. I could not have withstood the rigors of the training. Plus I just could not have physically done it. I can't go have coffee in a diner for an hour with out their being a major issue so this is best....


Sounds like there is a late night snack (grilled Swiss Cheese on Pepperidge Farm Bread)being made right now with my name on it...so I need to avoid seeming rude and go out there and eat that thing.


Talk to you all in the morning...


Hey...sorry about the picture but I just couldn't resist posting a little summer time picture of the lake...it's amazing the difference a few months makes.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't commented for a while, but still reading, and thinking... especially about your physiological condition. Few things have been tugging at my brain... Gout? Diabetes? Kidney function? Just wondering if they have come up in discussion or in testing in the past few months.

    Also... coffee... I think I may have mentioned something about it a long while ago... Are you cutting back yet? Might be a good idea. Do you drink more coffee than plain old water? Maybe a gradual changeover.

    The sleeping thing... You said you can't sleep lying down, but that you fall asleep sitting up... My mom in the last few years of her life had to sleep sitting up in order to be able to breathe. Slightly different situation, but it was the only way to do it. But yes, her feet had to be up as well. Oh... not that you are in the last few years of your life. One more thing... just don't fall asleep sitting up somewhere where you can tip over.

    I'm going with simple, basic stuff here, so you may have already thought of these things, or covered it with your "health care professionals". Just figured I'd throw my two bits in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means SG, keep on commenting your suggestions, thoughts and ideas. It all is welcome and it helps.

    In this case we have covered pretty much all the same stuff you are talking about here. The High Blood pressure with the swelling feet, ankles and legs seems to be the most interesting and curious issue right now.

    It isn't that I can sleep sitting up..i can't sleep for more then a few minute in ANY position. It has just gotten so bad (the exhaustion) that I fall asleep at the dinner table or standing in line at the grocery. I have eliminated coffee for a few days but it ended up being too dangerous because I was doing this falling over thing in public...I would nod off and begin to topple over. It has gotten to the point where I no longer go out alone...it sucks.

    But we do a sleep study here in a week and there are a slew of other tests as well so we will keep plugging away at it.

    It was good hearing from you...T

    ReplyDelete

Comment