Cool Stuff

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I Shouldn't Bother


There are times, like right now when I think it would have been a whole lot better if I just didn't care about things, particularly about people so much. Nearly 6 years ago, when I first found recovery, one of the my focuses in life was reaching out to other struggling people, to share my story in the hope that it might encourage them. 


In the course of the next 6 years I did a lot of that, finding it for the most part beneficial yet I find I don't do as much anymore. Once in awhile someone and their story will move me and I will reach out here on the blog but I am not as involved as before. Basically because I've gotten burned and it just happened again today where my intentions were good, but the execution on my part was poor. And so I step back and choose NOT to intervene...


And that is definitely a good thing...trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment