Cool Stuff

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Looking UP!


Did you ever begin your day and you could swear that it began with you standing on your head? That is the way today has seemed...I got plenty of sleep (for me, of course) but nothing seems to be where it should. Easy, routine tasks are taking taking twice as long as they typically do and I don't know...I'm just feeling a little bit discombobulated.

This is certainly nothing to get unhinged about but I can tell when stuff like this happens that it usually means there is some major unfinished business in my life and stuff weighing heavily on my mind. Which is funny because on one hand there is this stuff, this unfinished "emotional" business that cannot be avoided. But on the other hand....there is definitely a real, tangible feeling of optimism moving in. It rides a small but steady wave of much better health and with that comes a much improved outlook.

Like this morning...for example, I'm looking forward to getting it and gear and going to church...which I have to admit, even the mere notion of that: me looking FORWARD to church...is really amusing...I mean fall out of my chair, rolling on the floor..amusing! A short 14 months ago, you could not have even SUGGESTED that I attend a church for any reason other then a wedding or a funeral. Now I am enthusiastic...

And it gets even better because I am now feeling better as well and that is very, very good news indeed. The weather is starting to break, we are going to be in the high 60's to 70 for most of the week with a few rain showers scattered in, it couldn't be better news for a guy who is feeling somewhat rejuvenated.

Last night K-Sue and I were walking shortly after dark and Marty, who operates the golf course here pulls up with his wife. They dropped the first supplies of the year off at the Club House (mostly candy) and were just checking out the island. We chatted for a few minutes and he told me they are going to be open Tuesday or so...which is FANTASTIC news.

Last Spring was hard on the golf course industry in lower Michigan...the weather was cold and wet all the way un til the 2nd week of June! A horrible start to the season and one from which they could never quite recover.  So they are going to take a chance and get things opened up and see if something good will happen...I believe it will.

So I'm excited about that...it is just  a good sign that things are indeed moving in a positive direction for me so I can weather the stress of unfinished business a little better when the other aspects of my life are in order. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

But today is going to be made for enjoying....see you outside!                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment