Cool Stuff

Monday, April 9, 2012

Distant Promise...No More


Well, I'm not sure how we got through winter so quickly but it's Spring, the folks will be home the day after tomorrow and Summer is now more then just a distant promise on the horizon or a whisper in the wind. Easter has come and gone and we are rolling full bore now toward Summer.

Living here at the lake was something that I never dreamed I would ever be able to do and in a way it is like a dream. Now that K's has her living situation settled...and frankly that is a dream come true as well. I suspected she would have to get a place in town and meeting each other would involve a lot of driving and paying big $$ for gas. Nope that worked out well for us too.

I am actually optimistic about the future, near and not so near...which I'll admit isn't one of my more natural states of mind but I believe I can get used to it.

It's funny though...there is a rather awkward transitional time, right now when Mom/Dad return from Florida. I have rented from my parents for almost 5 years now but I still haven't gotten used to this period when they come back. It's never bad just more...chaotic. Once they are settled back in their home routine then I settle down so it usually works itself out and it will this time as well.

I am more of a loner and I relish a house to myself. That has given me pause when considering marriage and my relationship to K-Sue though I have long since reconciled myself to my true feelings and want to get married.

Anyway...I am not quite sure what led me down this path of thought today...I've been awake too long this morning so I am going to get ready for my book study. A couple of us try and golf here on the island afterward but I am not sure that I am physically up to it...we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like life is good. Happy for you and love that you take the time to count your blessings. It's so important, especially when time get hard, to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny but early on in my recovery I never thought I'd be able to live with out the "rush", the intensity of the cocaine lifestyle...this is great and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment