Cool Stuff

Friday, April 20, 2012

Pre-Nap BLAH-BLAH-BLAH....



Yes, Yes...the answer is yea...there are times, more frequently then I would like to admit...that I begin writing a post just like this one without the hint of a clue as to what I am going to write about. It has been an uneventful day....just very busy. I left the house at 5:50a this morning and have really been hopping ever since.


But the weekend is here, K got caught up on some much needed sleep and we picked her car up...so it's all good to go for now.


I have often written here how I try to make myself available whenever I can to work with folks that are struggling. And it doesn't have to be a person struggling with booze or drugs...one thing that I have learned as I have gotten older is that all of us in this life will struggle some times. And often most people will feel alone and not really know how to work through whatever issue they may be having.


There is really not a cookie-cutter, one size fits all solution to peoples issues...they can be rather complex and loneliness for example is a biggie...and there is not really an easy solution for it but finding fellowship at a church, or doing an activity or with a group of people in recovery....again though, it isn't easy and often you just have to hang on and just weather the storm.


That is where a person's desire to make a change makes all the difference. If someone really is not committed to surrendering themselves to the notion that they cannot control their addiction and do something about it...they will drink or use drugs again...it's almost a certainty.


Well...I have a little voice (gradually becoming LOUDER) that is telling me to grab a quick lunch and take a nap...so I am going to follow the advice. Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment