Cool Stuff

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Still Can't believe It Sometimes!



I know I have posted something similar to this in the past but  happen to find MY going to church EVERY Sunday such an extraordinary feat that I just HAVE to mention it again...and again...and again. I realize that there is nothing special nor unique about going to church...people do it all the time...often, even when they would rather not! 


But I cannot help but compare this circumstance to those days whenIi was very opposed to even the hint of a notion that I should attend any kind of religious services. I honestly have difficulty explaining what has changed other then the obvious, That I believe very strongly in God and that his only SON died for me on the CROSS to forgive my Sin. Now I  attach some importance to going regularly and I am a bit more open minded about other Christians.


This is not to say that I am free from still standing in judgement of others...even though it is NOT my job to do so. But there are still people I don't trust, who rub me the wrong way or don't seem genuine or sincere. I learned long ago that i cannot live other peoples lives for them...I am however accountable for how I live my own and that needs to always be my main focus. It is certainly more than enough to keep me occupied.


Well we are off and I would imagine that I will touch base some time later today.


(PHOTO: Kathy Tomson)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment