Cool Stuff

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thoughts And Other Such Stuff...

It has been a rather interesting day...as far as my days go around here. Especially considering I never left the island...



I did a guest post for my blog brother Ryan and that turned out to be quite a cathartic and surprisingly rewarding experience now that all is said and done. I wasn't expecting that at all of course, yet it was really something I needed to think about, ponder and express. It felt really good to give my father his due...and to recall the importance of something as simple as taking some time to throw the football with your child.We were together and when I was a boy...that really is what I wanted most, to be with my Dad.


That prepared me for my own experience having children and being a father. It was especially helpful in relation to my son. I could easily understand why he would follow me around on Saturday mornings while I had a chore list that I really just wanted to get through as fast as I could. It took MORE time and effort to include a young boy in the process but it occurred to me that he just wanted to be with his Dad, just like I had way back when I wanted to be with my Father. I learned from my own experience...
WAXED RED THREADS
So it was interesting to go and have the opportunity to share that memory with so many others. Ryan, the author of the blog Waxed Red Threads is himself a new father, having just had a son earlier this year. It was his going through fatherhood and sharing it on his blog that had me reminiscing and thinking about this subject even before he had asked me to guest post. So it worked out quite well... 


I have been contacted by other bloggers about a similar exchange so I will keep you informed if and when that comes to fruition. Ryan is also going to guest post here though I'm not quite sure when he'll do that and what he'll write about. One thing for sure is I won't choose the topic...it's totally open for him to fire away. He is a wonderful writer with a vibrant and opinionated take on life, as through the eyes of a resident of one of the largest city's in the entire world: The Bronx/New York City. he is a cook, sports enthusiast, athlete, a father, husband...a young guy with a great gift of expression and outlook, he shoots straight from the hip, no holds barred...I'm looking forward to what he has to say...stay tuned for that!