Cool Stuff

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ach...What A Mess!

I just finished re-reading my post from this morning...frankly I am a bit embarrassed. It was a lousy piece of writing, desperately in need of some better proof-reading. That has now been completed and I feel a bit better about it but I never should have let that one go "public" as it was....

I have stated here several times that the premise of Shell Shock Serenade is to document the life of a recovering addict/alcoholic/human being in "real time". I purposely write then release each post to the public as quickly as possible. I have chosen to do this to capture the spontaneity and "realness" of each post. Plus if I took the time to refine each single to post MY satisfaction, well I'd never post anything! I'm much too fussy and I'd argue with myself endlessly about this or that and never really finish...

What is particularly upsetting is this post subject was in my opinion a very interesting one from my perspective. It carried a rather relevant message to how I see my spirituality today and I whiffed at expressing it well. I had an opportunity to say something I really believed in and made a big mess out of it. Some of the sentences didn't really make sense, there were several glaring typos, not mis-spellings but using the incorrect word all together...Ach! This kind of thing really frustrates me...

And it bothers me even more that it is obvious a fair number of people actually read it before I went back and edited the post into something readable (I hope). It is another lesson learned...I get in a hurry and it comes back to haunt me a bit.

I realize it may sound like I'm over-reacting but I take pride in the work here and what I present. I'm NOT striving for perfection, I really do want it to capture the spontaneity of real life, but this fell far short of what I believe is acceptable.

So my dear Reader (if I have any left after this) please accept this apology...I can't guarantee I won't ever screw up again...er, well I suppose I could guarantee that I know I actually WILL screw up again at some point because if it isn't brutally apparent by now...I am only human!

I can only close by saying that i hope I will learn from this and be a bit more aware of what I am posting and in the future I won't use the "real time" premise to post something that truly isn't complete...