Cool Stuff

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Right In The Kisser!

There are a handful of typical moods of mind-sets I can get in these days...from riding an emotional high, to cheerful and generally positive to the F-It's to major Black Dog Days (BDD) and few other things in between. I've stated here before that regardless of my mood...whether it is happy or sad, etc. I will most certainly feel it with FULL intensity, that is assured. I am intense and I rarely do subtlety in this life of mine. I generally prefer getting up in the morning, early as possible and if possible/practical...PUNCH life right in the freakin' KISSER (FACE). That's me...

And after I have KO'd anything or anyone who happened to get between me and life first thing in the morning then my day begins...again with as much PoP as possible...I enjoy hitting the floor running as it were. Though starting off in such a way means I am often sporting an early morning SHINER from the days pre-mature PUNCH, right?! RIGHT!
I love Satellite Radio...I hate Satellite Radio but once you have it, even for a tiny bit well... there seems to be absolutely NO turning back. It is especially nice when you are in your automobile quite a lot as I can often be, it's the consistency in car bound entertainment that provides that comfort and serenity of sound that rocks my world. I must keep it...

I still kind of freak on anything to do with connecting to Outer-Space! I remember when i got my first Sat. Dish for TV. It was a mini-dish and it was connected to our raised deck that was attached to the old brick farm house outside of Holland, MI I have always referred to as the "House On The Hill"...

The very first night after it was installed and we had hundreds of TV programs at our disposal being beamed in from outer-space, I grabbed a beer and headed out onto the deck for a smoke. (Yea I smoked...what a BOZO, 24 years worth but I quit 12 years ago so I'm redeeming myself...anyway): As I stood on the deck, smoking and swilling my beer, I remember just staring for the longest time at that dish. Through the Family Room window, looking from the outside in I could see the TV flickering the various programs as one of the kids was obviously changing channels. It occurred to me that those programs were coming in from Space...I looked at the Moon and thought how as a kid I so desperately wanted to be an astronaut and how it was now never going to happen. But the next best thing though was I was getting my Television Entertainment from Outer-Space so my dream wasn't completely for naught!

In closing this somewhat bizarre post this afternoon, I am going to freely admit that what ever idea I originally had for this particular post went completely out the window probably after the first sentence or two...WHOOSH, just like that. I suppose it was time for a free for all post so hey, here it IS....