Cool Stuff

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hello There, New Day!



Hello there, new day! So glad to make your acquaintance...There would have been a time, not so long ago that I would not have the same way. Boy, that's the truth!

What new challenges do you have in store for me this fine new opportunity to change and grow called Wednesday July 27, 2011? Hmm, I wonder...

Wednesday's have become a favorite of mine because I spend some time with residents at a local nursing home. I really enjoy that, way more then I ever thought I would. It never ceases to amaze me in life when you do something that is on the surface for somebody else, yet it seems like the person who reaps the greatest benefit in the end is...ME. That is truly the case here...it is never a burden or a drain on my time, even on a super busy day like today when we have family friends coming to spend the majority of the day here with us. It always feels rather effortless heading over there for a few hours...

As mentioned, we have some old family friends of my parents coming today and though it is going to affect the early part of my routine this morning I'm looking forward to seeing them as well....

One thing is certain already this morning: The coffee is pretty darn good! I really appreciate good, strong coffee. Just I suppose like I appreciated a good, imported or speciality beer here from the States. Pretty strange for me to be thinking about beer at all these days and especially this time of day...er, actually there were many times in the past that I definately would have a still been going at it this time of day. That thought gives me pause....makes me stop and think for a second how literally miraculous it is that I don't have to drink today! Thank you God....

OK well I do know one think this morning...I have to get going..this morning is going to be crazy-busy. Before heading out to the nursing home I have a lot of chores to get done so i need to get focused and get going. Perhaps I'll see you on the back-side of lunch time and I'll let you know then, what's been going on.