Cool Stuff

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Day In a Long While...


It is the first day in a long, long time that I have not had a pet of some kind. No cat or dog, goldfish or hamster...nothing. And it feels rather strange in deed. And I am going to continue to be "pet free" for some time in the future as well. Living here, as I do in a household with elderly parents and the ever constant spectre of falling, it is just not a good idea to bring "something under foot" potentially into the house.

So I'll have to get used to sleeping alone, haha! (Zoe quite often jumped into bed at night, especially in the cooler months of the year. It is strange but I seem to hear her still (she had a collar with a bell) around here last night and this morning but she obviously isn't. Funny how the mind plays tricks on people...

But so far it all seems somewhat natural to accept that she is gone, she was quite old and it obviously was her time. There isn't much you can do, really when they are that old and nature takes it's course. I can't really imagine having another pet right now...it just doesn't seem a good fit time wise.

Anyway, it still has been an adjustment. I could swear i heard her from my bedroom last night but no...it was just some memories of her, I suppose, floating around in my head.
ast