Cool Stuff

Monday, July 25, 2011

Goodbye ZOE, Goodbye...


I Lost my Kitty today. She has been with me since the early 1990's...1994 I believe is when my X found her in an old bath tub sitting in the basement of the old barn we had at "The House On The Hill" (An old brick farmhouse we restored outside of Holland, MI built in 1877). Our 3 German Shepherd's were on to her and X rescued her before they...did...ha, hum...yea.

I'm not clear on exactly what year but it had to be 1993 or 1994...could be '95 but I doubt it. I think it's 1994 so we will run with that. She was always "my cat" because my X had an old Kitty already so Zoe became "my kitty" as it were...

So she has been with me all this time. Particularly the bad times in my addiction. Often she was the only living being that would have anything to do with me. Those are tough times to remember but I smile now when i think of her then and how pathetic I was. She was always there...

So it's hard after 18 years or so to let go but I will. I miss her already and it's only been a short while. It's strange though, I used to feel such things so deeply but I have lot SO much in recent years that it seems that I am numb to it. It will hit me the most at night I think, we often were both awake all night...her because she was a Cat, me because I am an insomniac.

Perhaps I'll post more about her later...perhaps not. i'm Sad and I don't like it. I realize she was a pet yet it really seems like I just lost someone who was so much MORE then that.

Goodbye ZOE...