Cool Stuff

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What...The What?! And The US Woman...

The US ladies have done it again, beating France 3-1 today in the first Semi-Final of the 2011 Woman's World Cup. They will play the winner of Japan-Sweden, currently tied at 1-1 in the second half on Sunday for the Cup Championship. I think it's great...of course I have loved soccer all my life, played it for many years until I was physically unable to continue playing. The US Woman are just plain good, that's why they are considered the best in the world. They played like absolute crap most of the game today, they looked tired and won 3-1. The French were energized, they had easily won their Quarter-Final a day before the US Woman beat Brazil on Penalty Kicks after a gruelling 2-2 tie after 124 minutes of regulation and over-time play. But the US girls got it done when they had to, it was simply brilliant. Of course it was all for naught if they don't win Sunday....

I'm still feeling somewhat melancholy this afternoon but I suppose it will pass eventually. Why in the world must I be the one that feels things in life so deeply. I wish I could sometimes be shallow too, more concerned with $$ or my appearance or sports then the bigger picture in life. I want to be shallow, dang it! Huh...what am I'm saying?! No I do not really want to be shallow but I would like a little less intensity in me please...how do I go about making THAT happen? I don't think it will really....

I haven't really slept well, I've felt ill more then I care to admit these days and I'm very concerned about a loved one. It feels like a crisis inside yet outwardly, intellectually I know it's really not so what to do? Should I be concerned about a problem that really doesn't seem to be there but I'm getting all these warning signs...hmmm, it really has me wondering. Life seems OK yet subtle little nudges are telling me a different story.

That is reason enough for me to be concerned. As I've recently stated when I feel even a little out of sorts, that gets my attention. But I'm not sure what's going on with me here. I'm quite uncertain about what this actually all means....

I guess we will find iout because life certainly doesn't stop...