Cool Stuff

Friday, July 8, 2011

THAT & THIS

Just got back in from a walk, which was rather short tonight but my Mum got a third of the way round the island and no longer felt up to all the walking. The wonderful breeze we've had here all day has gone into hibernation so it did get rather warm and uncomfortable as we made our way around. I'm just happy that she is willing and able to walk as much as she does. If we could could get my Father to do the same thing that would rock. He really needs to move those artificial knees and hip.

Earlier we had been out on the water, quite a few boats tooling around out here this evening. I think this will be a fairly busy weekend because a lot of folks stayed the week after the holiday. There were quite a few golfers this morning which is slightly unusual and it stayed steady all morning...

I've spent a great deal of time today thinking about my future and where I would like to go from here. It's funny because I rarely do that kind of thing because there is no point in projecting into the future when I had so much chaos to deal with in the here and now. There wasn't really any point to it because I was focused on the "today" and not so much on anything else.

Of course that has started to change. I'm also thinking of a "we" future, which is a real freaking trip for me...trust me, I haven't thought in those kind of terms in a long, long time.

And none of this is going to be easy... neither one of us is in a very strong position fiscally but we'll work our way through. It's kind of exciting really but I am not a patient person so waiting and holding on are NOT two things I do very well, trust me.

Ok another day down,I'm having a bit of trouble keeping my eyes open so it's time to call it a night. Nighty night!