Cool Stuff

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gene Simmons Family Jewels Rocked This Week!

Well, well....things seem to be looking up, at least health wise this morning. Another day and night where I didn't suffer too much and continued to feel better for the most part as the day and evening ran it's course.

I ended up just stopping into the Doc's office yesterday morning and everyone seemed to agree that the injections I'm getting were too powerful, the dose was too high so we'll reduce it. Typically I get those shots on Tuesday but I held off and I think I'm going to continue to do so until this coming Tuesday. I just don't want to risk ruining what is looking like a really good weekend visit from K-Sue and My son Ian and his fiance E.
The Simmons-Tweed Family
Last night at 10p I watched Gene Simmons Family Jewels on the A&E Channel. I am a bit embarrassed to admit it because I usually do not watch TV except for live sporting events, weather, news or channels like History or discovery, etc. I especially despise reality shows because I think they are typically faked and there are times that this one is too in my opinion.

But the last two episodes, the first two of this new season are about relationships. The first last week was about Gene's relationship with his long time partner and mother of his children, Shannon. He has always resisted making a commitment and now that their kids were both in college she was considering if she wanted to stay in the relationship.

Last nights episode continued that theme and added a trip to Israel where Simmons was born to meet his 3 half sister's and brother. He had not seen his father since he was a small boy and the man had passed on8 or 9 years before.

I will not spoil the story for either episode in case anyone wants to watch it but honestly I applaud them on these 2 shows. It truly was about relationships and how incredibly valuable and FLEETING they are...honestly those 2 shows went perfectly along with where my head and heart has been the last couple of days. I thought these were honestly and openly done with Gene sharing openly and honestly his true feelings of abandonment and fear of confronting his past.

I'm sure they will replay these episodes all week on A&E TV and I suggest to anyone who might be interested to definately watch them. See there is a first time for everything!