Cool Stuff

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bits...Pieces & Such


For several days now I have been posting a lot on the various "Nuts & Bolts" aspects of recovery. You could also call them the practical applications of recovery...the little things that separate don't make a whole lot of sense but together they become the obvious pieces to the puzzle of how to put a life back together...A life that will last and one befitting a whole, well rounded healthy individual.


Recovery is not just about not drinking or using drugs...that is only the very first part of the puzzle. It's re-building a healthy life that will last that gets tough and takes work, persistence and perseverance. If alcoholics fail to stay sober it's generally a break down in this area of their life that is responsible. That is why I use the words "Life" and "Recovery" interchangeably because to me they now mean the exact same thing...


So it just goes to show that honesty, humility, a healthy spiritual life...these things that I have been posting about this week are the initial bricks of this foundation for what we call "a life" ...that just so happens to be MY LIFE.


It is a given that each person is different. This is not a "cookie cutter", one size fits all process...no, each alcoholic/addict discovers what works for them and how. We help and guide each other but don't tell each other what to do or how specifically to do it. We merely share our stories of success and make suggestions...then it's up to you. 


Not everyone finds recovery this way...but from my experience living in recovery in the towns of Holland MI, and Coldwater, MI and making many friends in recovery that there sure are a lot of similarities in how our recovery (lives) look today. It works...I know because I have seen it work in my own life and the lives of MANY others.


There are some bits and pieces of critical, specific information that for various reasons cannot be shared here on this public blog. If you are an addict or alcoholic in the throes of your addiction and this isn't making a whole lot of sense but you want to quit. 


Get a hold of me...Please, it's OK and I really don't mind. I don't have all the answers but I can fill in some of the blanks, stuff I can't print publicly and I can point people in the right direction to get started. If you want a chance at having a real life again...happy, whole, productive...email me at: thormoo1016@gmail.com and I will pass on some additional information and help you any way that I can. 


I can put you in touch with groups or organizations that may be of help. Now is the time...I can personally say with certainty that this can be the last day you have to take a drink or use dope, because you really can quit and live without it...it can be done, I know that millions have already lived and died sober and so can you and I! Send the email, eh?! What are you waiting for? Start the process tonight of saving your own life....Honestly, you are worth it.


(Painting by Claude Monet)