Cool Stuff

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Now THAT'S Love!



I know I am getting carried away with this colored text craze I'm on but man I just love the color orange...sorry, can't help myself!


Well I begin my 50th year on the planet today (49th B-Day) and I have always felt rather odd about birthdays...mine and other peoples. Not today, I just relaxed and let it happen. The above pic brings a smile to my face because most of the day today I haven't felt the greatest, so after church/lunch I snoozed a good chunk of the afternoon away. Plus the weather has been miserable: 50's and very rainy with 15-20 mph wind gusts. So after I got up and got some coffee Kim asks what i wanted to do for my birthday. That pic was taken on the golf course...now that's love, eh!?


It is and I love her for her generosity and good grace. I think any reader here will understand that even though I have made some strides in my life to become a better person and have come a long way...I can still be moody, intense, extremely passionate and impatient...not always the easiest guy to be around. I don't deserve her but God has taken pity on me and given me a good partner. And that is what we have become...partners.


I'm going to do something here I have never done before and based on how I feel about this after the fact may never do again! Life circumstance is making it difficult to get Kim moved down here permanently but there are obstacles. She can't stay where I am and can't move here and get a place without a job. And without a job she can't get a place to stay...it's a Catch-22 and it is getting very frustrating for us. Me in particular because she is my partner, not just personally but in my ministry and I have come to really rely are her help. So for those of you who happen to pray, I humbly asked for your help. I really have come to believe in the power of prayer, one main reason is because I'm still alive on the planet and I really shouldn't be...that is good enough proof for me...


Perhaps it isn't God's will for her to be here, I have no way of knowing that right now but if you wouldn't mind a little prayer for some resolution to this issue...well I would be grateful and so would K-Sue. She needs a place to live for a few weeks (she has $ for food, to help out and she is incredibly handy to have around) so she can go out and get a job or a couple of part-time jobs, then afford a place w/me. Then we'll get married and move in together.


I am desperate or I wouldn't ask, I don't know what else to do, she stay anywhere...even if you have a trailer in your back yard, she'd even stay there but until she can be down here for a length of time looking for work...nothing in our situation is going to change. People have said I am bad about asking for help...well I'm asking NOW.


That is all I will say about that. I'm rather uncomfortable but it seemed worth a try asking. 
The rest of this day is going to be leisure based...I'm grilling Brats for my Birthday dinner then just taking it easy. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and Folks, thank you for bearing with me through this post today.