Cool Stuff

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Open & Honest


I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the day. Didn't sleep much and then headed into town around to read with one of the shut-in family's from our church. Came back and had the Purdue game on the TV and they actually won! They beat an Illinois team that they really weren't supposed to beat. I fell asleep for awhile but now that the game is over, I'm not sure what to do.


I am still a touch ill...sore throat, fever and feel achy all over. I've been bombing my body with Vitamin C, Aspirin and Zicam in the hope that it doesn't turn into something more.


I've been thinking about some of the things I've been posting about lately,like my attitudes toward intimacy and sex . A couple years ago I wouldn't have even been able to discuss the subject...now I am essentially sharing it with thousands of strangers. And I am sharing other personal "secrets" as well just about every time I post here on Shell Shock Serenade.


That openness has been a good sign that I have progressed and feel more comfortable being who I am...flaws and ally. Even though I will admit to moments where I feel awkward sharing so openly and I'll hesitate for a moment...it is truly a liberating experience for me. 


it feels good to get some of this garbage out in the light to share it and be done with it. And some times it feels good because I realize by admitting  what has happened to me and how I feel now that others might benefit from my doing so.


I truly feel best today when I am trying to help other people. I do my best to be honest and share as truthfully and openly as possible...but I am still getting used to doing so in a way. But I'm coming along...


( Irises Painting by Vincent van Gogh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment